Heartland Farm Mutual Insurance Company is community-based insurer, established in 2016 with the merger of North Waterloo Farmers Mutual and Oxford Mutual.
Heartland Farm Mutual
|Employees||51 to 200|
|Canadian Mkt. Share*||0.20% (2019)|
|Insurance Products||Auto, Home, Farm, Business, & Specialty Insurance|
Heartland Farm Mutual can trace its roots all the way back to 1873, when North Waterloo Farmers Mutual starting writing policies for agricultural businesses in rural Ontario. Today, Heartland Farm has expanded to provide coverage for home, auto, farm, other commercial, and a range of specialty risk areas, but still only offers its products to customers in Ontario.
Because of Heartland Farm Mutual’s deep ties to the farms and rural businesses of the community it serves, the company makes a commitment to involve itself with the community, supporting causes like the local 4H branch, Waterloo Food Bank, and other local organizations involved in agriculture and food production.
Customers of Heartland Farm Mutual have come to expect the following from their insurer:
- Coverage options that reflects an understanding of the unique needs of agribusinesses
- A company with a commitment to the local community
- Custom solutions for many different types of rural businesses
Heartland Farm Mutual benefits from a network of brokers across Ontario, with hundreds spread throughout the province.
Heartland Farm Mutual Strengths
Heartland Farm Mutual’s home and business policyholders typically enjoy the following benefits from being a customer:
- Coverage that matches the modernization of the agriculture industry: Despite having the heritage of company that has covered farms since the beginning, Heartland Farm Mutual acknowledges that farming has modernized and has embraced high-tech solutions to assess, manage, and mitigate the risk that comes along with that.
- Custom solutions for many different types of rural businesses: Heartland Farm Mutual makes special note on its website that it specializes in all types of rural businesses, including bed & breakfasts and food service businesses. These business owners trust coverage from a company that understands their unique needs and challenges.
- A range of specialty coverage in some hard-to-find areas: Along the same lines, Heartland Farm Mutual Insurance offers protection in some areas unique to those who live and work in more rural areas. Among these specialty coverage areas are antique tractors, hobby farms, and solar panels.
Heartland Farm Mutual Insurance Products
Heartland Farm Mutual offers insurance for cars, homes, businesses, and farms, as well as a range of specialty coverages.
The company builds customers a monthly premium for car insurance based on the following factors:
- How you use your vehicle
- Who drives your vehicle
Auto Insurance Discounts
In addition, Heartland Farm Mutual offers a number of discounts that may lower the cost of auto coverage.
- Discounts for bundling auto and home/renter’s/condo coverage
- Special Farmer rates of up to a 40% discount for vehicles that are primarily used on the property of a farm
- Up to 60% off specific coverage for students who live away from home
- Discounts for a short commute to and from work
- Discounts for long-term coverage: 5% after three years and 10% after seven years
- Retirees discount of 10%
- 20% for a qualifying theft deterrent system in the vehicle
- A 2% discount off most coverages for winter tires
- An increase in the collision deductible from $500 to $1000 takes 15% off the monthly premium
- An increase in the collision deductible from $500 to $2500 takes 26% off the monthly premium
Heartland Farm Mutual offers an array of home insurance options as well as coverage for renters and condo owners.
- Combined Limit
- Guaranteed Rebuilding Cost
- Additional Living Expenses
- Debris Removal
- Replacement Cost
- Bylaws Coverage
- Parents in a Nursing Home
- Mass Evacuation
Discounts on Home Insurance
The company offers a number of available discounts on home coverage:
- Discounts for bundled home and auto coverage
- A discount of multiple homes covered
- Discounts for home security and fire monitoring systems
- Discounts for new homes that don’t use oil heat
Policyholders can also increase their deductible for discounts on their monthly premiums: Increasing from $500 to $1,000 is good for a discount of 10% while $2,500 is good for a 20% discount.
Heartland Farm’s roots are in covering family farms in Ontario, and this is still the area in which it specializes. Covering farms and agricultural businesses of sizes, Heartland Farm Mutual’s insurance options for farm owners include the following:
- Dairy Goat
- Hobby Farms
- Replacement Cost
- Barns & Outbuildings
- Business Interruption (Loss of Income)
- Equipment & Machinery
- Farm Produce
- Farmers Accident/Injury
- Farm Liability
Heartland Farm Mutual acknowledges that the agricultural industry has modernized, and the company’s robust, technology-oriented loss prevention resources are a response to new risks. Some of the company’s loss prevention tools include:
- Custom risk assessments that take into account a farm’s unique equipment and operational setup
- Comprehensive site inspections from agricultural risk experts
- Technology solutions like thermal imaging to detect fire risk
Heartland Farm Mutual specializes in covering the unique risks for rural businesses, offering customized policies and added loss protection services for contractors, churches, apartment buildings, wineries, retail and office packages, and more.
Heartland Farm Mutual also offers a variety of specialty coverage areas that can be added to policies to truly offer full coverage for the needs of a given customer. These services include the following:
- Antique Tractor
- Hobby Farms
- Identity Theft
- Mature Policyholder Benefits
- Current Construction Cost
- Cyber One and Data Compromise
- Commercial Auto Fleets
- Boat Owners
- Home Based Business
- Solar Panels
Heartland Farm Mutual Reviews
Review Your Insurance Company (max 5 minutes)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *