AIG Canada, part of the global insurance provider American International Group, Inc. (AIG) group (est. 1919), focuses primarily on property and casualty insurance.
AIG Insurance Company of Canada
||~ 425 (2016)
|Canadian Mkt. Share*
||Accident & Health, Travel, and Business Insurance
||AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NWT, NS, NU, ON, PEI, QC, SK, YT
|*Of all private P&C in Canada by net premiums written, excluding life and purely A&S companies.
While AIG Canada offers limited personal lines of insurance, it boasts a very broad list of commercial coverage options that service a wide variety of industries. Customers look to AIG Canada for insurance because:
- The company’s vast financial resources allow it to make underwriting decisions on behalf of clients that other companies cannot make
- The company uses its decades of underwriting experience to develop comprehensive commercial coverage solutions for unique business situations
- AIG Canada has a wide range of personal coverage options that can protect a customer’s significant financial investments
- The company publishes an annual accountability statement that creates transparency with customers
AIG Canada has a lot to offer personal and commercial lines clients. The company has several programs designed to help protect the personal wealth of its clients, and it is also known for offering commercial insurance to at-risk industries.
Get a Quote Now
Ontario Insurance Quotes
Let Mitchell Whale Insurance Brokers do the comparison shopping for you - with quotes from over 40 insurance companies Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
AIG Canada’s strengths lie in helping high-risk commercial clients and personal lines clients with significant financial resources and investments to protect. Because of its experience in handling specialized insurance situations, AIG Canada is able to service many different groups from each community. The benefits of doing business with the company include:
- Worldwide Resources – AIG Canada credits its parent company’s international network of underwriters for part of its Canadian success. The AIG group Inc. is a global insurance solutions provider with over 56,400 employees and more than 90 million clients, worldwide. For personal lines products, the vast underwriting team has years of experience in developing property protection policies that cover a wide variety of items.
- Strong Canadian Company – AIG Canada stands on its own as a strong Canadian insurance company based in Ontario. The company prides itself on its diverse list of Canadian clients that includes expatriates and not-for-profit organizations. There are corporate offices in Vancouver and Montreal, as well as an extensive network of professional Canadian insurance brokers that reach out to clients every day.
- Entrepreneurial Support – AIG Canada is known as an insurance company that helps entrepreneurs to achieve their business goals. The company consistently develops new coverage options to address issues experienced by its entrepreneur client base, and it also offers products to at-risk businesses that many other insurance companies will not cover.
AIG’s Insurance Products
AIG Canada has comprehensive lines of personal and commercial insurance products that can be applied to a wide variety of customer situations.
Accident and Health Insurance
AIG Canada offers accidental death and dismemberment coverage for incidents that occur at any time in a person’s life. The benefits are payable along with any other insurance coverage you may have. There is a full accidental death and dismemberment policy available with up to $500,000 in coverage, and a more limited accidental death policy that offers up to $250,000 in death benefit payout.
The Private Client Group
AIG Canada serves its high-income personal lines customers through its exclusive Private Client Group. This group offers coverage options such as:
- Home coverage that can protect unique types of high-value properties such as coastal homes
- Personal liability insurance with up to $100 million in coverage
- Coverage for mega yachts that includes protection for the crew members
- Insurance protection for collections of art, fine wine, and other rare pieces
- Vehicle protection for high-priced or collectible autos
When you travel for business or personal reasons, you will want to have AIG Canada on your side. Travel coverage includes:
- Trip cancellation protection
- Emergency medical coverage
- Evacuation and repatriation expenses
- Lost luggage or personal effects
AIG Canada has a full line of commercial insurance products that can help your business to grow, and protect your business operations from unforeseen challenges. Business coverage has:
- Commercial accident and health coverage
- Alternative risk policies that help cover business operations that other companies cannot protect
- Crisis management protection
- Management liability insurance
- Protection from unexpected changes in the political world
- Commercial property liability coverage
- Trade credit insurance to protect customers involved in high-risk transactions
- Comprehensive coverage for the aerospace industry
- Commercial casualty insurance
- Marine and inland marine coverage
- Liability for business professionals and professional organizations
- Digital assets protection
- Surety bond services
Get a Quote Now
Need an Insurance Quote?
Let Mitchell Whale Insurance Brokers do the comparison shopping for you - with quotes from over 40 insurance companies in Ontario Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
AIG Canada Reviews
No one has rated this yet, be the first! No one has rated this yet, be the first!