DSB Claims is a Canadian independent insurance adjuster that handles claims management for insurance companies and policyholders. With 11 offices throughout Ontario, DSB Claims can offer complete coverage to businesses and individuals across the province, including property-owners, homeowners, municipalities, construction companies, and more.
DSB Claims is backed by A.M. Best’s highest ratings, including being awarded the “Best’s Client Recommended” Award for 2018 in the category of Insurance Adjusters.
- DSB Claims Strengths
- DSB Claims Services
- DSB Claims Reviews
|Employees in Canada||1000+ (2018)|
|Services in Canada||Claims Mgmt, Contractor Connection, Class Actions Admin, Central Intake & Admin, Appraisal Mgmt, Global Technical Ser., Legal Services, & Audit Ser.|
|Provinces Licensed||AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NWT, NS, NU, ON, PEI, QC, SK, YT|
DSB Claims Strengths
DSB Claims is an independent insurance adjustment company, meaning that they don’t work directly for insurance companies or policyholders, even when one of the parties is technically a client. The company mediates the process of claims settlement by fairly establishing liability and the value of a claim, so that it can be settled quickly, and preferably without litigation.
When litigation is needed to settle a claim, DSB Claims is qualified to assist, with experience in all levels of claims litigation, including mediation, arbitration, discoveries, pre-trial, and trial.
DSB Claims has built its business on customer satisfaction, through fast response times and thorough investigations. On the company’s website, there is a video that walks potential clients through the process of responding to the site of a claim and investigating causes, as well as establishing liability for use in an impending settlement.
Here are some other benefits that DSB Claims offers clients that use their independent claims adjustment services:
- An enhanced commitment to customer satisfaction. Most companies say customer satisfaction is important to them, but DSB Claims took it a step further by putting their livelihood on the line. When they entered into business in 2012, the company enacted a satisfaction guarantee, in which they promised that if a client isn’t satisfied, they won’t charge for claims adjustment services. Since this policy went into action, they provided satisfaction surveys to every client, reporting a 99.04% satisfaction rate among those who responded to the survey.
- Business integration with brokers. The company partners with insurance brokers to understand the claimants’ policies, and in turn, building a better understanding of the grounds of any single claim. This makes DSB adjusters more qualified to settle that claim. DSB Claims provides a dedicated adjuster that works with brokers to handle their clients’ (both policyholders and insurance providers) claims and increase the efficiency of the adjustment and settlement process overall.
- 24/7 claims reporting and management access. DSB Claims makes it possible for clients to report and manage their claims at all hours with a combination of a dedicated claims submission line and an online platform where clients can view open claims, see progress, and submit additional information about a pending claim. DSB claims have representatives available 365 days a year and can be onsite within 60 to 120 minutes of first notice in the majority of cases.Municipality and government claims experience. There are special size, regulatory, and budgetary considerations taken into account when settling claims involving municipalities and government organizations. DSB has specialists on staff with the experience to make this process go smoothly.
DSB Claims Services
The DSB Claims team, despite being part of a company that’s less than 10 years old, has over 120 combined years of experience in all parts of the claims process: investigation, damage assessment, reserving, negotiation, and settlement of all types of claims.
Here are some of the company’s areas of specialty:
DSB Claims assesses and analyses claims for commercial, industrial, institutional, farm and residential property owners and insurers. Each property type has a unique risk profile, but common perils assessed in property claims include:
- suspected arson
- sewer back-up
It’s always important to establish cause and liability when settling claims, but especially when the claimant is alleging damages against the owner of the property, as many leases specify certain risks assumed by the tenant of a property. This can have a major bearing on liability and potential claim settlement.
High Net-Worth Property and Seasonal Residence Claims
Extremely valuable properties have different risks, and claims need to be treated differently. DSB Claims has teams that adjust claims for all the same perils as normal property claims, with special attention to the high dollar values of the homes and properties involved, as well as the items inside.
Cities and government organizations have far-reaching risk protection needs and the claims that arise involving these bodies are usually unique. For example, certain transportation authorities within a municipality can bring about one type of claim while issues relating to civil engineered can bring about another type of claim. While these claims are very different, it takes an adjuster with an advanced view of these claims in the scope of the entire city budget to resolve.
Title Insurance Claims
DSB Claims is one of only a few insurance adjusters in Canada with trustworthy experience in handling title claims. These cases must be handled by expert adjusters due to the complicated and often contentious nature of a title dispute.
The Ontario insurance adjusters at DSB Claims are also highly experienced in settling construction insurance claims, including the following:
- builder’s risk wrap-up liability
- contractors block and equipment policies
- pollution & mold
- commercial general liability
Commercial & General Liability Claims
For almost any other type of claim, DSB Claims can act as an independent adjuster and mediator of claim settlements between an insurer, policyholder, and brokerage when applicable. These general liability areas include:
- bodily injury
- property damage
- personal injury
DSB Claims Reviews
Review Your Insurance Company (max 5 minutes)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *