Commercial Auto Insurance For Your Ontario Business
If you transport goods or paying passenger in Ontario, commercial auto insurance will protect you from property damage and liability claims on the job.
Whether you are the sole proprietor of your vehicle, manage an entire fleet, or are a long haul trucker driving a big rig, only commercial auto insurance will protect you from driving-related business losses. Commercial auto insurance coverage is necessary for:
- Food trucks
- Company cars
- Buses, coaches
- Box and flatbed trucks
- Trailers used to transport cargo
- Tow trucks
- Dump trucks
- Cement Mixers
- Garbage Trucks
- Taxis, Uber, and limousines
- Delivery vehicles
- …And any other vehicle used for business
As a business owner, you need to keep your vehicle on the road delivering products and visiting customers without delay or interruption. Since traffic accidents occur every day, business auto insurance gives your company the financial protection it needs even if you are using your own personal vehicle. Personal car insurance does not cover liability or property losses when your vehicle is used for commercial purposes, so business car insurance is a necessary investment.
Call us today to see how we can help you! 1.800.731.2228
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Similar to the policy for your own personal vehicle, a commercial auto insurance policy in Ontario offers coverage on the following:
- Medical expenses and loss of income in the event of injury to you, your drivers, or passengers.
- Loading and unloading liability to protect against losses or damage to cargo.
- Replacement vehicle coverage to prevent loss of work hours when your commercial vehicle is being repaired.
Different Types of Commercial Vehicle Insurance
The type of commercial auto insurance you need depends on a number of factors:
- How are you using the vehicles?
- If a salesperson, for example, is driving a car or SUV throughout the day on a daily basis then a business car insurance policy would be appropriate.
- What types of vehicles are being used?
- If a contractor or service person is driving a truck or van to job sites carrying tools and equipment with them, then you may be eligible for commercial rates.
- How many vehicles are being used?
- If you have 5 or more vehicles all registered under one company name, you may be eligible for fleet insurance. This puts you in a ‘volume buying’ position allowing an insurance broker to negotiate with various insurance companies to get you the best rate possible.
- Do you have 100 employees or more?
- Large companies can have group plans designed for their specific needs. An insurance broker can negotiate with many Canadian insurance companies on your behalf for the lowest rates possible.
You can rely on the commercial vehicle insurance experts at Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers to help you protect your company and save money
Please call us at 1-800-731-2228 or email us at email@example.com.