The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company of Canada has grown into one of the largest P&C insurers in the country and is known for its huge list of discounts and special packages.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co.
|Canadian Mkt. Share*
||Auto, Commercial, Home, Tenant, Condo, Seasonal Dwelling, Farm, & Personal Insurance
||AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NWT, NS, NU, ON, PEI, QC, SK, YT
|* Of all private P&C in Canada by net premiums written, excluding life and purely A&S companies.
Get a Quote Now
Get a Wawanesa Insurance Quote
Speak with one of our brokers about any questions you may have about Wawanesa Insurance products: Speak with an Ontario broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Wawanesa offers coverage throughout Canada via an extensive network of independent insurance brokers, except in Quebec, where company agents distribute its products. Wawanesa also operates in California and Oregon in the US. They have become known for great discounts on car and motorcycle insurance.
Wawanesa Insurance has plenty of reasons for Ontario consumers to be excited about home, auto, and commercial insurance. Most recently, Wawanesa Insurance unveiled a discount in Ontario that gives consumers 50 percent savings on motorcycle insurance if it’s bundled with home and auto coverage. “Wawa” also offers discount bundles on home and auto insurance. It is proactive programs like these that help to make Wawanesa Insurance so popular throughout Canada.
Consumers also turn to Wawanesa Insurance for:
- Comprehensive home coverage
- A strong dedication to adding new discounts to its already extensive list of money-saving options
- Guarantees on the work done by auto repair shops that the company recommends to its clients
- Flexible farm insurance coverage that can fit into any farmer’s insurance needs
Wawanesa Canada’s Strengths
You don’t have to look very far to find advantages to working with Wawanesa Insurance. The company has been attracting new clients for years based on the value that it offers, and the underwriting expertise that allows it to create custom solutions for clients in personal and commercial lines. Some of the more prominent advantages of doing business with Wawanesa Insurance include:
- Automotive Discounts – Includes discounts for anti-theft devices, driving experience, farmers, loyalty, older drivers with no accidents, multi-vehicle, multi-product safety enhancements, retirees, and recreational vehicles.
- Community Presence – Insurance companies make it a point to highlight their charitable work, but Wawanesa Insurance has a corporate policy that makes it active in every community throughout Canada that it services. This is a dedication to Canadian communities that is more comprehensive than most insurance providers.
- Simple Process – Wawanesa Insurance has become known for making the process of administering insurance easy for brokers, and the process of buying insurance easy for consumers. While there is a strong focus on customer service, Wawanesa Insurance also takes the time to make sure that consumers and brokers have the resources they need to make each transaction simple, but maintain a high level of quality with each product.
Wawanesa Canada’s Insurance Products
Wawanesa’s many lines of products are administered by a network of brokers who understand how to utilize the company’s many discounts. While Wawanesa Insurance does not offer comprehensive discounts for all of its lines, it does make sure to offer premiums that fit the budget of each and every client.
Wawanesa Car Insurance
Wawanesa Insurance’s main line of products would be its auto insurance products. The company offers full lines for all types of vehicles, and you can get even more discounts if you:
- Have no tickets or violations of any kind
- Have children certified as completing the driver training course for your province
- Have been accident-free the past six years
- Are a driver over the age of 50 who meets the other requirements
Wawanesa Home Insurance
Wawanesa Insurance offers home insurance for a range of home types, and with a variety of features.
- Mobile homes
- Tenant insurance for renters
- Coverage for associated buildings
- Fire department charges
- Identity theft protection
- Food spoilage coverage for freezers
Commercial Business Coverage
Wawanesa Insurance offers standard business insurance coverage, along with specialized coverage for certain industries.
- Business structure and contents
- Loss of income due to a variety of incidents
- General business liability insurance
- Digital property and cyber activity insurance
- Automotive Select policies for automotive repair shops
- Chef’s Specialty insurance for restaurants
- Contractor’s Choice insurance for construction companies and other contractors
- Oilfield Select for oilfield companies
Wawanesa Insurance has been offering quality farm insurance for a long time. Coverage includes:
- Barns and associated buildings
- Farming equipment
- Building contents for structures used in farming
- Feed and grain
Wawanesa has 100% ownership of two subsidiary insurance companies:
- Wawanesa Life: A member of the Wawanesa Group of companies since 1960, Wawanesa Life is licensed in all provinces, except Quebec, and in the Northwest Territories. Offers permanent and term life insurance for individuals, and life, disability, health, and dental coverage to Employer/Employee groups.
- Wawanesa General (United States): Headquartered in San Diego, California, and licensed in California and Oregon.
Get a Quote Now
Wawanesa Insurance Quotes
Speak with one of our Ontario brokers about any questions you may have about Wawanesa Insurance products: Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
4110 Yonge Street Suite 100, Toronto, Ontario M2P 2B7, Canada
24/7 Claims: 1-844-929-2637
Wawanesa Canada Insurance Reviews
Rated 3.1 stars
3.1 / 5 ( Reviewers)