- User Rating
- No Rating Yet!
Headquartered in Guelph, Ontario, the Halwell Mutual Insurance Company is one of Canada’s oldest insurance providers. With roots that date back to 1859, Halwell Mutual was formed in 1967 as an amalgamation of Halton Union Farmers, Puslinch and Eramosa Mutual to create an insurance company focused on clients in rural communities throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Halwell specializes in farm, residential, commercial, and automotive insurance products that are sold through a network of independent insurance brokers, including:
- Farm insurance for ag businesses ranging in size from small hobby farms to large commercial operations
- Auto insurance for mature drivers, multi-vehicle households, and short-commute drivers
- Complete coverage options for small businesses, including franchisees and owner-operated companies
- Insurance for homeowners, renters, and condominiums
Halwell focuses on providing clients with added value through insurance packages, discounts, and products backed by a solid financial history and reliable, local service to deliver protection that’s geared towards policyholders living outside of the major urban centers.
Halwell Mutual Insurance Advantages
Halwell Mutual Insurance provides customized solutions tailored to the unique needs of clients living in small towns and rural communities who’s protection needs may not fit the standard products offered by many of the larger, multi-national insurance companies.
Halwell offers a number of distinct advantages to their clients:
- Personalized Policies – Halwell brokers and underwriters are focused on personalized service, regardless of whether you’re looking for coverage for a single vehicle, your entire farm fleet, or all of your assets. They take the time to review your protection needs, search for discounts, and deliver each client a one-of-a-kind insurance package designed with you in mind.
- Free Loss Prevention Analysis – Halwell employs a full-time loss prevention analyst who is available to perform free loss prevention reviews for all home, commercial, and farm insurance policyholders. This service is designed to help reduce the risk of property losses, and can also help identify ways to qualify for additional discounts on your insurance coverage.
- Backed By A Network of Ontario Farm Mutuals – As one of the oldest mutual insurance companies in Canada, Halwell has built a strong network that includes all of the Ontario Farm Mutuals to ensure policyholders are always protected, even if widespread disaster strikes.
Halwell Insurance Products
Halwell Mutual Insurance Company understands ag business. They offer scalable coverage for hobby farmers, tenant farmers, owner-operators, and incorporated ag companies that includes:
- Loss protection for barns, silos, and implement sheds
- Liability and loss coverage for owned and leased equipment
- Livestock loss
- Produce and crop protection
- General farm liability
Commercial Insurance Products
Halwell provides competitive pricing on commercial policies for:
- Retail stores
- Landlords, including student rental owners
- Churches and non-profit organizations
- Fleet vehicle insurance
Auto Insurance Products
In addition to the standard, compulsory insurance coverage that’s required throughout the province, Halwell offers a wide range of optional protection plans and discounts:
- Loyalty discounts for long-term (3+ year) policyholders
- Multi-policy discounts that provide savings for clients who purchase two or more policies through Halwell
- Short commute, graduated licensing, and “Gen Now” discounts for children of existing policy holders
- Mature driver discounts for those aged 40 and better
Home Insurance Products
Halwell understands the unique needs of homeowners living in rural Ontario. They have a variety of customizable protection packages, discounts, and value-added features:
- Protection for owner-occupied dwellings, with optional added coverage for cottages and high-value contents like jewellery and recreational vehicles
- Tenant packages to protect against property losses for renters
- Discounts for alarm systems, mortgage-free property owners, claims free records, and newer homes
Halwell has partnered with MyHomeWorks, an easy-to-use online tool that lets policyholders create a secure inventory of their assets which can be accessed from anywhere.
Get a Quote Now
Need an Insurance Quote?
Let Mitchell Whale Insurance Brokers do the comparison shopping for you - with quotes from over 40 insurance companies in Ontario Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Halwell Mutual Insurance Company
535 Hanlon Creek Blvd, Guelph, Ontario N1C 0A1, Canada
Halwell Mutual Reviews
No one has rated this yet, be the first! No one has rated this yet, be the first!