Founded in 1839, Gore Mutual Insurance is Canada’s oldest P&C insurer. Voted the #1 insurance company by the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) in 2014, Gore provides personal and commercial insurance across the country.
Gore Mutual Insurance Company
|Canadian Mkt. Share*||0.88% (2017)|
|Insurance Products||Auto, Recreational Vehicle, Home, Condo, Tenant, & Business Insurance|
Gore Mutual Insurance QuotesGet a Quote now
Our brokers are waiting to show you how solutions from Gore Mutual Insurance can protect your home and business, while having the kind of flexibility you need to grow: rnSpeak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Gore Mutual Insurance has developed its reputation and line of insurance products based on its dedication to the Canadian communities in which the company operates.
While the company spends time funding youth initiatives and helping to educate small businesses on the dangers of commercial risk, it is also developing leading-edge digital asset liability insurance that helps companies to protect themselves in the Internet age.
Gore offers solutions that can:
- Develop data breach insurance that is customized specifically for your business
- Protect your small business from costly legal fees
- Create liability coverage for your antique or classic car
- Offer vacation protection when you rent your summer cottage
Over the years, the liability protection offerings from Gore have mirrored the precise needs of its growing customer base. In recent years, the growing focus on leisure activities such as snowmobiling, camping, and ATV riding shows that Gore is ready to take care of any insurance needs its clients may have.
Gore Mutual’s Strengths
Each element of Gore’s insurance business is developed and administered with a personal touch. The company focuses not only on what it feels its customers will need to live day to day, but also what clients will need to enjoy their time off as well. This broad focus on the entire scope of potential client needs creates advantages such as:
- Changing With The Times – Gore Mutual Insurance was created at a time when losing a home to fire was a reality because there were no fire departments in the area. Each subcategory of the company’s main protection lines was created in response to the real needs of clients and have changed as those needs have evolved. The end result is a set of liability coverage offerings that have literally stood the test of time.
- Open Channels Of Communication – Gore brokers are chosen for their ability to be available to clients whenever the client needs them. Car accidents and house fires do not work on a schedule, which means that a client always needs to have access to someone who can help. If a broker is not available, the client can contact Gore Mutual Insurance directly for 24/7 assistance from a real operator.
- Comprehensive Small Business Services – The underwriters at Gore Mutual Insurance work with each broker to identify risk needs for small to medium sized businesses, and then write policies that offer the maximum level of protection.
Gore’s Insurance Products
Gore Mutual Insurance offers simple but comprehensive commercial and personal lines of insurance. The company can create custom solutions using add-ons to existing coverage options to create a solution that meets a customer’s exact needs.
- Auto Insurance – Gore Mutual Insurance has three basic types of auto insurance that are designed to protect you, your vehicle, and your investment.
- Standard liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive (theft, fire, etc.) coverage
- Home Insurance – Gore Mutual Insurance can protect your home, no matter what type it is, and also protect renters from financial damage as well.
- Homeowners coverage (includes belongings, associated buildings, and structure)
- Condo insurance that offers full coverage for possessions and property
- Tenant protection (covers possessions)
- Leisure and Lifestyle – Gore Mutual Insurance protects all of the aspects of your life that help you to relax and enjoy your success.
- Business Insurance – Small to medium sized business owners can get custom risk mitigation and insurance solutions from Gore Mutual Insurance.
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Portable equipment breakdown coverage
- Umbrella liability enhancement coverage
- Legal expense protection
- Digital padlock coverage to protect digital assets
- Commercial Auto – Gore Mutual Insurance has straightforward solutions for all of your commercial auto insurance needs.
- Individual coverage for commercial vehicles
- Fleet coverage
- Garage liability coverage for repair shops
Gore Mutual Insurance QuotesGet a Quote now
Our brokers are waiting to show you how solutions from Gore Mutual Insurance can protect your home and business, while having the kind of flexibility you need to grow: Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Gore Mutual Insurance Company Reviews
They took care of all my insurance needs and responded promptly to all my questions i had
Best Insurance Company ever !!!!!
Very accommodating, great customer service, and fair settlements in case car is a write off I have been with them forever!!
Unfair and deceptive practices
Gore uses and supports an independent appraisal company who utilizes inappropriate comparables to assess the market value of your vehicle. For example , the will compare a vehicle with 100,000 km to a vehicle with 200,00 and pay your loss unfairly. They are required to return you to your pre-accident economic status. If this has happened to you! Please lodge a complaint with FSRA as this is an unfair and deceptive practice.
By far the worst insurance company I have ever seen! Stay away!
They’re absolutely terrible. The worst company I have ever witnessed. Ok, so where to start… I’m 20 years old and I’m from Jersey(natural born American citizen) and I recently moved to Ontario to be with my fiance(natural born Canadian citizen). I needed to get my car registered ASAP so I wound up looking for the cheapest auto insurance I could, seeing as my fiancé and I already had a lot to pay for and things were/are tight. I go through a broker who shows me a list of quotes, with Gore being the cheapest at $185. I went with it, sent the broker all my info(including all of my New Jersey information) and my application was processed and approved. There was never an issue until the weeks/months following. My broker gives me temporary slips over email so I can get my car registered and drive legally while I wait for my official documents. (Keep in mind that yes, I do have an Ontario driver’s license).
And boy do I wait. And wait. And wait. The temporary slips are good for a month, in which I should receive my documents in the mail within that time. But I never did. I emailed the broker who told me she didn’t know what was going on and would email me a new set of temporary slips while I waited(again). The next month goes by and my broker tells me that my rate went up and neither she nor I was ever informed! It was around the end of August of 2019. My fiancé and I then come to find out that the rate went up from $185 a month to $309! It’s completely unaffordable for us. All because they “didn’t want to honor my Jersey license”. They knew about it. They processed and approved my application with my Jersey license and my Ontario license and yet, somehow it was an issue? So, within the two months of waiting, this is what I get dropped on me. My partner and I called Gore themselves a few times, but each time, they shot us down saying that we couldn’t talk to them and that we have to talk to our broker. But our broker was lost as well, seeing as she had no idea what was going on either. So… no communication from Gore to neither me nor the broker. Needless to say, we canceled on the spot. We were told that there would be no cancellation fee, and that we were cancelled a pro-rata rather than a short rate. They were playing at being compassionate. I would’ve accepted had I not seen a tiny little detail. They were trying to charge us $139 for God knows what, and attempted to make us pay the first month of September(this month) on August 28th. We canceled our policy on the 23rd of August. So, they tried to take an early payment for a cancelled policy, and to make it worse, it was at a rate that was not agreed upon initially. So now, they want us to pay $448, yet in reality I should be only paying for the two months that I was insured. So around $370 or their pro-rata amount $309. Not the extra $139 I’d never seen or heard about. And besides… if my insurance was fully legal and official, why wasn’t I making any payments during the months of July and August? Did they expect me to pay the $185/309 along with the two months all in one pop in September? Then I would’ve paid close to $700 which is no where near affordable!
Went with Gore because they were affordable initially. Because of scarce communication and constantly being screwed over(raised rate without notice, no emails or calls, and not giving me any official documentation) I cancelled. Now they want money they aren’t owed and are trying to scam me. This company is borderline fraudulent. STAY AWAY!
Give Gore 0 rating. Terrible company for Business Insurance
The would never play on your side. They dont even bother to review the claim. Standard industry warranty means nothing to them. Stay away for your business safety and your mind rest
Hassle and no communication
Gore mutal has not responded to our email or voicemails from a claim we are attempting to submit. I feel abandoned.
0 stars-pain and suffering endured
I was involved in an accident in 2009. A third party sued me even though damages were only a crack in the plastic rear bumper (clearly a scam). Gore mutual denied to represent me and claimed “material misrepresentation”. I was overwhelmed at the time and have been self representing for 10 years until I attended a pre-trial a few months ago. I decided to hire a lawyer to set aside my noting in default and prepare a defense statement. I am having to pay 7,500. I have suffered from depression and stress and have lost money un-rightfully over the years. Gore Mutual never detailed their basis for their material misrepresentation claim. I was 20 years old and dealing with a lot at the time to handle the situation and large amount of mail being sent. Do not ever do business with them. You will have so much trouble if involved in an accident. They don’t help you when needed.
Best experience ever
Throughout my claim, which was my first ever in my life, my agent kept me updated every step of the way.
Not the most accessible (paper documents, hard to get a hold of claims/billing etc.) Rates seem to prefer if you are 50+
Review Your Insurance Company (max 5 minutes)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *