- User Rating
- No Rating Yet!
Blue Cross Canada, or The Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans (CABCP) is comprised of 7 regional not-for-profit health and travel insurance providers, and offers group coverage plans for businesses and supplemental plans for individuals with needs not covered by private or Canadian universal health coverage.
Canadians rely on Blue Cross for the following:
- Travel insurance plans with a wide variety of options for individuals
- Group plans for businesses and organizations that are simple to build as well as affordable
- Personal health insurance that allows clients to receive services not covered by the OHIP (Ontario’s public health care provider)
Blue Cross Canada
||Health benefits, Dental benefits, Travel insurance, & Health insurance
||AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NWT, NS, NU, ON, PEI, QC, SK, YT
Blue Cross Insurance offers group benefit plans that include benefit packages for life and accidental death coverage, drug and other health services needs and the establishment of group Health Spending Accounts.
The company also provides individual clients with personal health coverage and a wide range of travel insurance plans, ensuring that everyone in Ontario has access to risk coverage. This has made them a trusted name in the business, as has their commitment to working with the brokers that facilitate transactions between the company and their clients.
Advantages of Blue Cross Insurance
Blue Cross offers a range of plans for most budgets, making it an accessible company for a wide range of Canadians in Ontario. It also boasts a number of service that position the company as a customer-first insurance provider, like assistance service exclusives for members and a dedicated helpline for customer complaint mediation.
Backing up this mission is Blue Cross’s commitment to providing coverage to areas that clients may not get coverage through Ontario’s public health plans or a person’s insurance through their place of employment. The company’s stated mission is to provide customers the opportunity to get coverage for anything health-related. The advantages of using a plan from Blue Cross include:
- A huge list of available coverage options for travelers: Blue Cross aims to make any type of traveler able to travel with the peace of mind that comes with knowing they’re set if anything unpredictable crops up. This means that travelers can choose from a list that includes coverage for lost baggage, canceled flights and much more without spending too much on insurance.
- Customizable group and individual policy options: Group plans are not always as easy to build and provide risk protection for the services that the group actually needs as they are with Blue Cross Insurance. The pick-and-mix set-up of the company’s available group benefit packages are friendly to employers and employees alike. In addition, while many insurers focus on group insurance or individual coverage, Blue Cross does a great job offering benefits for both.
- The company’s personal insurance plans (travel and health) are budget-friendly: Blue Cross really takes the fact to heart that their personal insurance policies are often used to supplement other plans. They offer affordable choices as to the extent of the additional travel or health insurance coverage that a person wants, without making it cost-prohibitive.
Blue Cross Insurance Products
Blue Cross Insurance provides group plans for businesses, as well as travel and health insurance policies for individuals who need them. Coverage varies by province, so please refer to Blue Cross plans by region for detailed information.
Group Insurance Options
Blue Cross Insurance provide a wide range of ways to build a group plan that works for the members of a business or organization (i.e. “the group”).
Master policies can include:
- Basic life insurance
- Dependent life insurance for families of the group member
- Coverage and financial protection for critical illness
- Coverage for accidental death and dismemberment
- Group disability
Group Health and Wellness
Group health is where Blue Cross Insurance shines, offering coverage in the following areas:
- Extended health care benefits specifically for group members with chronic illnesses
- inConfidence, a program that provides direct access to critical health counseling services 24/7 for employees and their families
- My Good Health, a digital portal for group members to compile and access their health information as well as that of their family members
- Second Opinion, a program where group members in need can have their cases reviewed by medical specialists in a given field
All this is in addition to the health coverage you’d expect out of a group health plan, as well as an extensive benefits package for prescription costs.
One area where Blue Cross Insurance proves to be unique is in its options for travelers:
- Snowbirds traveling only during winter
- A single trip
- Short-stay frequent travelers
- Visitors to Canada
- Extended-stay frequent travelers
- Students studying abroad
- Canadians traveling within Canadian territory
- Global Affairs Canada employees
With so many different types of travelers having plans targeted specifically at them, Blue Cross Insurance gives travelers a variety of options to find benefits that fit their needs. Travelers are insured for up to 5 million dollars with Blue Cross Travel Insurance.
Because health insurance for an individual through Blue Cross is meant to target coverage options and populations not covered by standard plans—either through OHIP or through a separate group plan, the company focuses on the following:
- People who are Self-employed
- Small business employees
- People without access to group benefits
- Recent immigrants
- Students and recent graduates
- Retired or planning retirement
Blue Cross also advertises group plans tailored to the needs of government employees and the members of federal organization, as a federal partner since the company was founded in 1943.
Get a Quote Now
Need an Insurance Quote?
Let Mitchell Whale Insurance Brokers do the comparison shopping for you - with quotes from over 40 insurance companies in Ontario Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Blue Cross Insurance by Province
- Pacific Blue Cross: Vancouver, British Columbia – 1 888-275-4672
- Alberta Blue Cross: Edmonton, Alberta – 1 800 661-6995
- Saskatchewan Blue Cross: Saskatoon, Saskatoon – 1 800 667-6853
- Manitoba Blue Cross: Winnipeg, Manitoba – Toll-free: 1 800 873-2583
- Ontario Blue Cross (Individual Coverage): Etobicoke, Ontario, 1 866 732-2583
- Medavie Blue Cross (Group Coverage – Ontario): Etobicoke, Ontario – 1 800 355-9133
- Quebec Blue Cross (Individual Coverage): Montreal, Quebec – 1 877 909-7686
- Medavie Blue Cross (Group Coverage – Quebec): Montreal, Quebec – 1 888 588-1212
- Medavie Blue Cross (Atlantic Canada): Moncton, New Brunswick – 1 800 667-4511
Blue Cross Canada
Ontario Blue Cross:
185 The West Mall Suite 610, Etobicoke, Ontario M9C 5P1, Canada
Customer Service: 1-866-722-3444
Blue Cross Insurance Reviews
No one has rated this yet, be the first! No one has rated this yet, be the first!