Why choose Mitchell & Whale as your health insurance broker?
As your family grows your expenses grow as well so having the right family health insurance in place can help you better manage your household budget.
In Ontario, we are fortunate to have one of the best public healthcare programs, but many people are opting for private health insurance to help with expenses not covered or not fully covered by our provincial plan.
What Coverage is Best for Your Family?
Different families have different needs so here are some details and options to consider when deciding upon any additional health insurance for your family.
- Dental Care: even if you have some coverage from an employer’s plan, additional coverage can help keep dental bills in line, especially if you have any budding hockey players in the family! Will someone need braces in the future? If so, then coverage for orthodontics will be an important consideration.
- Vision Care: our eyesight is precious so help with the cost of eye exams, prescription glasses and/or contacts is a very worthwhile benefit of family health insurance plans.
- Prescription Drugs: its hard to know when we may need prescription drugs and for how long and some of them are very expensive so assistance with this expense is valuable for most people.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: Have you or will you or other family members need the services of a chiropractor, massage therapist, podiatrist or chiropodist, naturopath, psychologist, physiotherapist, etc? Not all of these professionals are included in every plan so be sure to get the list of covered services.
It’s Hard to Predict Future Needs
We all hope we never need any of the following but it is good to know that many of these items or services are included in family health insurance plans:
- Medical services and supplies
- Mobility equipment
- Medical equipment
- Ambulance transportation
- Out-of-province (but within Canada) healthcare expenses (when you’re out of the country you would need travel insurance to handle medical costs not covered by the OHIP.)
It is worth taking time to review a complete list of what’s covered and what’s not covered before deciding upon a family health insurance plan that is best for your needs now and potential or unexpected future needs.
Flexible and Affordable Plans are Available
For personal service or to discuss any questions about your family’s health insurance needs, please call Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers at 1-800-731-2228 or email us at email@example.com.