If your business has 5 or more cars, trucks or other vehicles, you may be eligible for fleet insurance.
When your company vehicles are all registered under one company name, this puts you in a ‘volume buying’ position! Now an insurance broker can negotiate with various insurance companies on your behalf to get your company the best rate possible. The insurance experts at Mitchell & Whale specialize in fleet insurance!
You may not realize that most personal car insurance policies do not cover liability or property losses when the vehicle is being used for commercial purposes so fleet car insurance is a necessary investment for your business. Keeping your sales or service people on the road, visiting clients every day without interruption is an important competitive edge for many companies. Fleet auto insurance provides financial protection for your company should an accident occur involving one of your vehicles and employees.
Fleet auto policies, like a personal policy, cover the following but offer volume discount pricing:
- Third Party Liability (mandatory) covers you when the driver of your company vehicle is legally liable for injuries to another person or for damage to another person’s property.
- Accident Benefits (mandatory) cover medical costs and rehab, loss of income due to disability or death, and funeral expenses.
- Coverage against Uninsured Drivers (mandatory) covers you if the driver of your company vehicle is injured or killed by an uninsured driver who is found liable for the accident. It also covers employees if injured or killed by an unknown hit-and-run driver.
- Optional Collision coverage helps you pay to get your vehicles repaired.
- Optional Comprehensive coverage applies when your vehicles are damaged in some other way, such as theft, vandalism, flying debris, etc.
You can rely on the fleet insurance experts at Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers to help you protect your business and save money too!