Without a doubt, discounts are the best way to reduce your premiums. Do you know all the discounts available to you? Qualifying for discounts is easier than you think, so it is important to talk to your insurance broker about maximizing your savings.
- Multi-Policy Discount – Get a discount on your car insurance and on your property insurance (tenant’s, condo, home) when you have both policies with the same insurance company. By keeping your policies within the same insurance company, you instantly increase your savings.
- Multi-Car Discount – By insuring your cars on the same insurance policy, you instantly qualify for this discount. Don’t split up your cars if you don’t have to!
- Good Driver Discount – Many insurance companies reward clean driving records. If you have no tickets and no at-fault claims, you generally see big savings on your policy.
- Loyalty Discount – While shopping around for quotes is one way to try to save money, so is staying with the same company. Most insurance companies reward their clients for staying with them for a length of time. Click here to read more about Loyalty Discounts.
- Retiree Discount – Be sure to tell your broker if you qualify for this discount. This is an easy add on that saves you money each year.
- New Home Discount – Some insurance companies offer this discount if your home was built less than 10 years ago.
- Alarm Discount – If your property is monitored by a security company, you will be eligible for this discount.
- Mortgage-free Discount – Congratulations! Let your broker know as soon as you’ve paid off your mortgage to start receiving this discount.
While these discounts certainly don’t represent all that are available, they give you an idea of what savings may apply to you. Your broker is a great resource to ask out about the different discounts available to you. We’d be happy to review your policy to make sure you are receiving all possible discounts. Simply contact Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers at 1-800-731-2228 or email@example.com.